Previous-generation Intel® microarchitecture based on 45nm
Previous generation Intel® microarchitecture based on 45nm was the first Intel microarchitecture to use hafnium-based high-k metal gate transistors and other 45-nm manufacturing technology breakthroughs. Previous generation Intel microarchitecture based on 45nm enabled a new level of energy-efficient parallel processing performance by integrating a memory controller into the processor.
The 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors based on Intel® 32nm process technology feature second-generation high-k + metal gate transistors for improved performance and reduced power leakage. 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors continue to use the same second-generation high-k + metal gate transistors and Intel® 32nm logic process in the 2nd generation Intel Core processor family.
Scalable multi-core performance
Previous generation Intel® microarchitecture code name Nehalem delivers:
- Dynamic scalability
- Design and performance scalability to address a wide range of applications, including PC and embedded designs.
- Support for two to eight and more cores and up to sixteen or more threads with Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)1,
- Scalable cache sizes, system interconnects, and integrated memory controllers.
- Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology2, taking advantage of the processor's power and thermal headroom.
- Increased performance on highly-threaded applications with Intel® HT Technology, bringing high-performance applications into mainstream computing with 1-16+ threads optimized for this multi-core processor architecture.
- Scalable shared memory, which features memory distributed to each processor with integrated memory controllers and Intel® QuickPath Technology high-speed point-to-point interconnects.
- Multi-level shared cache, which improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data.
1. Requires an Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)-enabled system, check with your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on the Intel® Core™ i5-750. For more information, including details on which processors support HT technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
2. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a system with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.