Using Intel® vPro™ Technology in Embedded Devices
Put groundbreaking manageability, proactive security, and virtualization support into your embedded and communications solutions with Intel® vPro™ technology. Integrated within many embedded Intel® processors and chipsets, Intel® vPro™ technology enhances your solutions with remote maintenance and management capabilities, more robust platform-level security features, and hardware-based virtualization support to enable system consolidation.
With the advanced security and management features built into Intel® vPro™ technology, your embedded solutions can offer:
- Accelerated data encryption/decryption using Intel® AES New Instructions1, improving user productivity
- Significant improvements in protection of sensitive data on missing embedded devices, using Intel® Anti-Theft Technology2
- Ability for IT technicians to quickly deploy security patches across devices, remotely unlock encrypted drives, and manage data security settings
- Complete remote control over embedded devices3
Together the following Intel® vPro™ technology capabilities deliver unprecedented hardware support for security and management functions, enabling reliable, trusted, and cost-effective solutions.
- Intel® vPro™ technology remote management and maintenance capabilities enable IT professionals to query, fix, and protect networked embedded devices, even when they’re powered off, not responding, or have software issues.
- Part of Intel® vPro™ technology, Intel® Virtualization technology accelerates transfer of platform control and the movement of data between the virtual machine monitor (VMM) and other platform agents, lowering the workload on the VMM.
- Intel® vPro™ technology with Intel® Trusted Execution technology protects embedded devices and virtual environments against rootkit and other system level attacks. Using an industry-standard TPM 1.2 to store keys and other protected data, Intel® vPro™ technology boots the BIOS, operating system, and software into a “trusted” execution state, verifying the integrity of the virtual machine and protecting the platform from unauthorized access.
- With the 2nd generation Intel® vPro™ processor family with Intel® Anti-Theft Technology, Intel® vPro™ technology integrates advanced protection for portable embedded devices that go missing. IT professionals can prevent access to the device and stored data – even completely disable it – remotely.
- With Intel® vPro™ technology in the 2nd generation Intel® vPro™ processor family, Intel® AES New Instructions accelerate data encryption/decryption, enabling ubiquitous deployment of data protection without degrading performance.
Intel® vPro™ technology also improves network traffic filtering and isolates clients under attack. Preventive security efforts are enhanced with automatic verification and immediate remote restoration security agents. And with reliable remote power-up/power-down functionality, systems can be maintained during off hours.
Find the system that is right for youShop All >
MSI F Series FX400-062US notebook
Intel® Core™ i5
Starting at: ¤598.40
Samsung Q series Q530-JA01
Intel® Core™ i5
Starting at: ¤809.99
DELL Latitude E6410 notebook
Intel® Core™ i5
Starting at: ¤285.87
Lenovo ThinkPad X201
Intel® Core™ i5
Starting at: ¤1,164.99
1. Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI enabled processor, as well as non-Intel software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. For availability, consult your reseller or system manufacturer. For more information, see software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-advanced-encryption-standard-instructions-aes-ni/.
2. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT). No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware and software and a subscription with a capable Service Provider. Consult your system manufacturer and Service Provider for availability and functionality. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/anti-theft/anti-theft-general-technology.html.
3. KVM Remote Control (Keyboard Video Mouse) is only available with Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processors and Intel® Core™ i7 vPro™ processors with active processor graphics. Discrete graphics are not supported.
4. Results shown are from the 2007 EDS Case Studies with Intel® Centrino® Pro and the 2007 EDS case studies with Intel® vPro™ processor technology, by LeGrand and Salamasick., 3rd party audit commissioned by Intel, of various enterprise IT environments and the 2007 Benefits of Intel® Centrino® Pro Processor Technology in the Enterprise, Wipro Technologies study commissioned by Intel. The EDS studies compare test environments of Intel® Centrino® Pro and Intel vPro processor technology equipped PCs vs. non-Intel vPro processor technology environments. Tested PCs were in multiple OS and power states to mirror a typical working environment. The Wipro study models projected ROI of deploying Intel Centrino Pro processor technology. Actual results may vary and may not be representative of the results that can be expected for smaller businesses. The study is available at www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/vpro/core-processors-with-vpro-technology.html, www.eds.com and www.wipro.com.