Managing and protecting desktops and laptops and securing data are among the great challenges for modern businesses. The 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family with the hardware-based security and manageability of Intel® vPro™ technology1 simplifies and accelerates these critical IT functions.
Manage the PC virtually anywhere, anytime
Intel® vPro™ technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family, Intel® chipsets, and network adapters.
With security and management features built into the hardware, Intel® vPro™ technology:
- Accelerates data encryption/decryption using Intel® AES New Instructions2, improving user productivity. See how it works in this demo.
- Significantly reduces unwanted access to sensitive data on missing laptops using Intel® Anti-Theft Technology.3 See how it works in this demo.
- Allows IT technicians to quickly deploy security patches across PCs, remotely unlock encrypted drives, and manage data security settings
- Gives IT help desk personnel complete control over a PC with features like KVM Remote Control4
- Enables IT to remotely troubleshoot and repair PCs
Get connected with the Intel® vPro™ technology IT community and find out more at the Intel® vPro™ Expert Center.
See how Intel® vPro™ technology works in this demo.
Smart security and manageability on every chip
Embedded in hardware, Intel® vPro™ technology capabilities are accessed and administered separate from the hard drive, OS, and software applications – in a pre-boot environment. This makes management less susceptible to issues affecting these areas and allows remote access to the PC regardless of the system’s power state or OS condition. Key encryption components are kept in protected FLASH memory, separate from the data they protect, making it easier to secure and harder to penetrate and access sensitive information.
Read more about manageability in the Intel® vPro™ technology white paper.
Reduce cost, improve security and ROI
IT departments spend much of their time and budgets on PC patching, troubleshooting and repair, software inventories, and maintenance, preventing them from addressing key issues and initiatives that can help the business be more efficient and grow. With Intel® vPro™ technology, IT can:
- Reduce deskside visits by up to 56 percent5
- Improve laptop inventories by up to 47 percent5
- Accelerate patch saturation up to 56 percent faster5
The 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family with Intel® Virtualization technology enables hardware-based virtualization for PCs for centralized image management and administration, secure network storage, and out-of-band protection – all beyond the firewall.
With more users going mobile, complying with security regulations is more critical – and difficult – than ever. Intel vPro technology, along with PC management software, simplifies, helps automate, and improves laptop security with hardware-embedded technologies and remote control and management.