Intel® Xeon® Processor 3000 Sequence - High-Performance Computing
Intel® Xeon® processor 3000 sequence
Built with technologies designed to deliver 24/7 dependability to help businesses improve productivity and performance that automatically adapts to changing workloads at an entry-level price point.
- Server computational chemistry performance
- Server computational fluid dynamics performance
- Crash simulation analysis using LS-DYNA*
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis using STAR-CD*
Server computational chemistry performance
PS/day normalized as 1.0 to Intel® Xeon® processor 3085
Benchmark description for Amber*
A package of molecular simulation programs. The workload measures the number of problems solved (PS) per day using eight standard molecular dynamic simulations.
Configuration details Intel® Xeon® processor 3000 sequence
Intel internal measurement results as of January, 2008 and July, 2009.
Intel® Xeon® processor 3085 platform (score 1.0)
Intel® Server System S3200SH with one Intel Xeon processor 3085 (3.00 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 1333 MHz bus), Hardware Prefetch Enable, Adjacent Sector Prefetch Enable, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology enabled, Enhanced C1 Enabled, 8 GB (4x 2 GB DDR2-800 CL5 ECC), 120GB SATA 7200RPM HDD, Redhat* Enterprise Linux Server 5 for x86_64. Source: Intel internal testing TR#823 as of January 2008. Score: 309.4 ps/day.
Intel® Xeon® processor X3230 platform (score 1.6)
Intel® Server System S3200SH with one Intel® Xeon® processor X3230 (2.66 GHz, 8 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB), Hardware Prefetch Enable, Adjacent Sector Prefetch Enable, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology enabled, Enhanced C1 Enabled, 8 GB (4x 2 GB DDR2-667 CL5 ECC), 120GB SATA 7200RPM HDD, Redhat* Enterprise Linux Server 5 for x86_64. Source: Intel internal testing TR#823 as of January 2008. Score: 491.9 ps/day.
45nm Intel® Xeon® processor X3380 platform (score 2.7)
Supermicro* X7SBE with one Intel® Xeon® processor X3380 (3.16 GHz, 2x6MB L2 cache, 1333MHz system bus), Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology enabled, Enhanced C1 Enabled, 8GB memory (4x2GB DDR2-800 unbuffered ECC), 146GB SATA 10000RPM HDD, Redhat* Enterprise Linux 5.3 for x86_64. Source: Intel internal testing TR#1056 as of May 2009. Score: 838 ps/day.
45nm Intel® Xeon® processor X3470 platform (score 3.3)
Intel® BIK Beta system with one Intel® Xeon® processor X3470 (2.93 GHz, 8MB L3 cache), Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) disabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology disabled, Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology enabled, 8GB memory (4x 2GB DDR3-1333 RDIMM ECC), 146 GB SATA 10000RPM HDD, Redhat* Enterprise Linux 5.3 for x86_64. Source: Intel internal testing TR#1056 as of July 2009. Score: 1007 ps/day.
Additional information: 12345
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. 64-bit Intel® Xeon® processors with Intel® EM64T require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, OS, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel EM64T. Processor will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel EM64T-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel EM64T-enabled OS, BIOS, device drivers and applications may not be available. Check with your vendor for more information.
4. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
5. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.