Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence - Scalability
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500/6500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series expandable servers scaling
- Two-sockets (2S) and four-sockets (4S) scaling performance on e-Commerce database OLTP workload
- Four-sockets (4S) and eight-sockets (8S) scaling performance on enterprise-class workloads
- Two-sockets (2S), four-sockets (4S), and eight-sockets (8S) scaling performance on enterprise-class workloads
- Two-socket (2S) to 128-socket (128S) scaling performance on high-performance computing (HPC) workloads
- Same server socket scaling
Four-sockets (4S) and eight-sockets (8S) scaling performance on enterprise-class workloads
Solid scaling for growing enterprise businesses
As businesses continue to merge and consolidate, the demand for number of users supported or transaction per given time increase putting additional stress on smaller volume servers. Consider future growth plans and purchase a 8S server which can provide headroom growth for the next few years - and Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series-based servers deliver the scalable performance, flexible virtualization, and advanced reliability features needed.
Scalable performance on enterprise benchmarks
Comparison based on best published/submitted results on www.spec.org as of 21 September 2010.
4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 based platform details
TPC Benchmark* E: Fujitsu PRIMERGY* RX600 S5 server platform with four Intel® Xeon® processors X7560 (4P/32C/64T, 24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), 512GB memory, Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition database, Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition. Referenced as published score of 2046.96 tpsE @ $193.68 USD/tpsE available 1 September 2010. Source: http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_result_detail.asp?id=110061801.
SAP* SD 2-tier: Hewlett-Packard ProLiant* DL580 G7 server platform with four Intel® Xeon® processors X7560 (4P/32C/64T, 24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), 262,144MB memory, Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 RDBMS, Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 Enterprise Edition, SAP* Enhancement package 4 for SAP* ERP 6.0. Referenced as published score of 10,490 benchmark users. Certification #2010032. Source: http://download.sap.com/download.epd?context=40E2D9D5E00EEF7C6FF03C4CD13C2BFB5660980ADF6CB3AF5C98C21C76C5F3CE.
8S Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 based platform details
TPC Benchmark* E: Fujitsu PRIMERGY* RX900 S1 server platform with eight Intel® Xeon® processors X7560 (8P/64C/128T, 24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), 1024GB memory, Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition database, Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition. Referenced as published score of 3,800.00 tpsE @ $245.82 USD/tpsE available 1 October 2010. Source: submitted to http://www.tpc.org/tpce/results/tpce_perf_results.asp.
SAP* SD 2-tier: NEC Express* 5800/A1080a-E server platform with eight Intel® Xeon® processors X7560 (4P/32C/64T, 24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), 512GB memory, Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 RDBMS, Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition operating system, SAP* Enhancement package 4 for SAP* ERP 6.0. Referenced as published at 18,185 benchmark users. Certification #2010034. Source: http://download.sap.com/download.epd?context=40E2D9D5E00EEF7CE144C6BAE59683B08D94DC0F6CB007B4152A6C89E231F991.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. SPEC*, SPECint*, SPECfp*, SPECjbb*, SPECiEnterprise*, SPECompM*, SPECompL*, and SPECiAppServer* are trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for more information. TPC Benchmark* is a trademark of the Transaction Processing Council. See www.tpc.org for more information.
4. TPC Benchmark* is a trademark of the Transaction Processing Council. See www.tpc.org for more information.
5. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
6. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel HT Technology enabled system; check with your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on the previous generation Intel® Core™ i5-750. For more information including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
7. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
8. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
9. Intel® products are not intended for use in medical, life saving, life sustaining, critical control or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications. All dates and products specified are for planning purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
10. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.