Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence - Scalability
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500/6500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
Mainstream data center servers (2S) scaling to expandable servers (2S to 256S)
- Scalable benchmark performance
- Two-sockets (2S) to four-sockets (4S) scalable performance on enterprise benchmarks
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) performance on MSC Nastran* workload
- Two-sockets (2S) to four-sockets (4S) scalable performance on HPC benchmarks
- Advanced reliability 2S performance
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) performance on MSC Nastran* workload
MD Nastran* combines best-in-class solver technologies - Nastran, Marc, Dytran, Adams, and LS-Dyna - into one, fully-integrated, multidiscipline simulation solution for the manufacturing enterprise allowing manufacturers to perform interoperable, multidisciplinary analyses on complex models. It allows product manufacturers to simulate real world problems more accurately in a fully integrated environment by using chained or coupled analyses with a common data model across multiple engineering disciplines. The model ran in-core is the Xl0tdf1_8 car body model with 529,027 DOF using direct frequency response (SOL108) solution sequence.
Two-socket (2S) performance on HPC benchmarks
Comparison based on Intel internally measured results (TR#1102) as of 12 February 2010.
2S Intel® Xeon® processor X5680 based platform details
Intel® 5520 Chipset-based server platform system with two Intel® Xeon® processor X5680 (12M cache, 3.33 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), 24GB DDR3-1333MHz (6x4GB), Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 5.4 (2.6.18-164.el5), 4x 10K SATA RAID for scratch.
2S Intel® Xeon® processor X6550 based platform details
Intel® 7500 Chipset-based reference server platform (2S configuration has sockets 3 and 4 empty) with two Intel® Xeon® Processor X6550 (18M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 6.4GT/s Intel® QPI), 64GB memory (32x2GB DDR3-1333 (9,9,9) sys clock memory @1066MHz on 4 memory riser cards, 4xSAS HDD PCI SAS controller HW RAID. Results shown are for best binary for the platform: Intel® Xeon® processor X5680 runs used mode=I4 binaries (insufficient memory to keep all scratch data in-memory) Intel® Xeon® processor X6550 runs used mode=i8 + smem parameters to keep scratch data in-memory.
SPEC*, SPECint2006*, SPECfp2006*, SPECjbb*, SPECWeb*, SPECompM*, SPECompL*, SPECvirt_sc*, and SPECMPI* are trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation. See www.spec.org for more information.
Additional information: 123456789
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. TPC Benchmark* is a trademark of the Transaction Processing Council. See www.tpc.org for more information.
4. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
5. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires an Intel HT Technology enabled system; check with your PC manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on the previous generation Intel® Core™ i5-750. For more information including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
6. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
7. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
8. Intel® products are not intended for use in medical, life saving, life sustaining, critical control or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications. All dates and products specified are for planning purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
9. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.