Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence - Server benchmarks
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
E-Commerce database performance on DVD-store 2 workload
Benchmark description for DVD-store 2 e-commerce database workload:
On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) DVD Store Version 2 (DS2), an open-source simulation of an online e-commerce DVD store. DS2 has database components and Web server components, and includes driver programs that put heavy loads on these components. More information is available at www.delltechcenter.com/page/DVD+Store.
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
E-Commerce database performance on DVD-store 2 using 50GB database size
Comparison based on results published at http://principledtechnologies.com/clients/reports/intelas of April 20, 2010.
Intel® Xeon® processor X7460 (16M cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
Intel® 7300 Chipset-based reference server platform with four Intel® Xeon® processor X7460 (16M cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 256GB memory (32x 8GB FBD-667 REG ECC), Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition database, Microsoft Windows* Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition. Referenced as published score of 128,671 OPM.
Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect)
Server platform with four Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect), 512GB memory (64x 8GB DDR3-1066 REG ECC), Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition database, Microsoft Windows* Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition. Referenced as published score of 321,648 OPM.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html or call (U.S.) 1-800-628-8686 or 1-916-356-3104.
2. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
3. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel® HT Technology and an Intel® HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, see www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm.
4. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
5. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
6. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.