Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence - Server benchmarks
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
E-Commerce / Java* / Application server
- Performance on SPECjAppServer*2004 benchmark
- Java performance on SPECjbb*2005 benchmark
Performance on SPECjAppServer*2004 benchmark
Benchmark description for SPECjAppServer*2004
SPECjAppServer2004 (Java Application Server) is a multi-tier benchmark for measuring the performance of Java 2 Enterprise Edition* (J2EE) technology-based application servers. SPECjAppServer2004 is an end-to-end application which exercises all major J2EE technologies implemented by compliant application servers as follows:
- The web container, including servlets and JSPs
- The EJB container
- JB2.0* Container Managed Persistence
- JMS* and message driven beans
- Transaction management
- Database connectivity
Moreover, SPECjAppServer2004 also heavily exercises all parts of the underlying infrastructure that make up the application environment, including hardware, JVM software*, database software, JDBC drivers*, and the system network. For more information seewww.spec.org.
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Application server performance on SPECjAppServer*2004 benchmark
SPECjAppServer is a trademark of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corp. (SPEC). Competitive numbers shown reflect results published on www.spec.org as of September 21, 2010. The comparison presented is based on the best single-node 4-socket results. For the latest SPECjAppServer2004 results, visit www.spec.org/osg/jAppServer2004.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7350 (8M cache, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz FSB)
HP ProLiant* DL580 G5 platform with four Intel Xeon processors X7350 (8M cache, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 65,536MB memory, Red Hat* Enterprise Linux 5 Update 1 IA32 PAE, Oracle WebLogic* Server Standard Edition Release 10.3. Referenced as published at 3,339.94 SPECjAppServer2004 JOPS@Standard. Source: www.spec.org/osg/jAppServer2004/results/res2008q3/jAppServer2004-20080715-00105.html.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7460 (16M cache, 2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB)
HP ProLiant DL580 G5 platform with four Intel Xeon processors X7460 (16M cache, 2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 65,536MB memory, Oracle* Enterprise Linux 5 Update 2 x86_64, Oracle WebLogic Server Standard Edition Release 10.3. Referenced as published at 4,410.07 SPECjAppServer2004 JOPS@Standard. Source: www.spec.org/osg/jAppServer2004/results/res2008q3/jAppServer2004-20080826-00112.html.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect)
Dell PowerEdge* R910 server platform with four Intel Xeon processors X7560 (24M cache, 2.26GHz, 6.4GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (Intel® QPI)), Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology enabled, 131,072MB memory, 2-disk SAS 72GB 15K RAID-0 array, Oracle* Enterprise Linux 5 Update 4 x86_64. Oracle* WebLogic Server Standard Edition Release 10.3.3. Referenced as published at 11,057 SPECjAppServer*2004 JOPS@standard. Source: www.spec.org/osg/jAppServer2004/results/res2010q1/jAppServer2004-20100310-00140.html.
8-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)
Hewlett-Packard ProLiant* DL980 G7 server platform with eight Intel Xeon processors X7560 (24M cache, 2.26GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), Oracle* WebLogic Server Standard Edition Release 10.3.3. Referenced as published at 20,092 SPECjAppServer*2004 JOPS@standard. Source:www.spec.org/osg/jAppServer2004/results/res2010q3/jAppServer2004-20100825-00145.html.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html or call (U.S.) 1-800-628-8686 or 1-916-356-3104.
2. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
3. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel® HT Technology and an Intel® HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, see www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm.
4. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
5. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
6. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.