Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence - Server benchmarks
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
- Performance on SPECjAppServer*2004 benchmark
- Java performance on SPECjbb*2005 benchmark
Java performance on SPECjbb*2005 benchmark
Benchmark description for SPECjbb*2005
SPEC Java Business Benchmark 2005* jbb*2005. Written in Java, this multi-threaded benchmark emulates an order processing environment in a company with multiple warehouses serving multiple customers. Measures average transaction throughput of a heavily loaded server. Performance reported in Business Operations per Second (BOPS). For more information see www.spec.org.
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 Series
Java performance on SPECjbb*2005 benchmark
SPECjbb* is a trademark of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corp. (SPEC). Comparison based on best published/submitted results on www.spec.org as of September 21, 2010.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor 7140M (16M cache, 3.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
HP ProLiant* ML570 G4 platform with four Intel Xeon processors 7140M (16M cache, 3.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 32GB memory PC2-3200, Microsoft Windows Server* 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition with SP1, Oracle JRockit* 5 P27.1.0. Referenced as published at 217,334 BOPS. Source:www.spec.org/osg/jbb2005/results/res2006q4/jbb2005-20061121-00222.html.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7350 (8M cache, 2.93 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
Dell PowerEdge* R900 server platform with four Intel Xeon processor X7350 (8M cache, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 64GB memory, Microsoft Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition SP1, Oracle JRockit* 6 P28.0.0. Referenced as published at 537,116 BOPS. Source:www.spec.org/osg/jbb2005/results/res2009q1/jbb2005-20090224-00592.html.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7460 (16M cache, 2.66 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
Fujitsu PRIMERGY* RX600 S4 server platform with four Intel Xeon processors X7460 (16M cache, 2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 64GB memory, Microsoft Windows Server* 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition, Oracle JRockit* 6 P28.0.0. Referenced as published at 633,897 BOPS. Source:www.spec.org/osg/jbb2005/results/res2009q1/jbb2005-20090305-00663.html.
4-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect)
Cisco* UCS C460 M1 server platform with four Intel Xeon processors X7560 (24M cache, 2.26GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (Intel® QPI)), Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology enabled, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology enabled, 256GB memory, 1x 73GB disk drive, Microsoft Windows Server* 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition, IBM J9* JVM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0, SR5). Referenced as published at 2,021,535 SPECjbb2005 bops and 126,345 SPECjbb2005 bops/JVM. Source: www.spec.org/osg/jbb2005/results/res2010q2/jbb2005-20100331-00838.html.
8-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)
Hewlett-Packard ProLiant* DL980 G7 server platform with eight Intel Xeon processors X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel QPI), IBM J9 VM, Windows Server* 2008 Enterprise SP1. Referenced as published score of 3,816,799 SPECjbb2005 bops and 119,275 bops/JVM. Source:www.spec.org/osg/jbb2005/results/res2010q3/jbb2005-20100816-00914.html.
32-socket Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QPI)
SGI Altix UV* 1000 server platform with 32x Intel Xeon processors X7560 (24M cache, 2.26 GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel QPI), 1,048,576MB memory, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1, Oracle JRockit* P28.0.0. Referenced as published score of 12,665,917 SPECjbb2005 bops and 98,952 bops/JVM. Source: www.spec.org/osg/jbb2005/results/res2010q3/jbb2005-20100616-00867.html.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html or call (U.S.) 1-800-628-8686 or 1-916-356-3104.
2. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
3. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel® HT Technology and an Intel® HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, see www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm.
4. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
5. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
6. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.