Intel® Xeon® processor 7000 sequence - Virtualization
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
- Virtualization performance on VMware* ESX using VMmark* benchmark
- 4S legacy database virtualized consolidation performance using Microsoft Hyper-V*
Virtualization performance on VMware* ESX using VMmark* benchmark
VMmark* is designed as a tile-based benchmark consisting of a diverse set of workloads commonly found in the datacenter, including database server, file server, web server, and Java* server. The workloads comprising each tile are run simultaneously in separate virtual machines at load levels that are typical of virtualized environments. The performance of each workload is measured and then combined with the other workloads to form the score for the individual tile. Multiple tiles can be run simultaneously to increase the overall score.
A tile is a collection of six diverse workloads concurrently executing specific software. Running on one of two separate operating systems (Windows* or Linux*), each workload runs in its own virtual machine and executes applications found in the entire world's datacenters. Included in a single tile are a web server, file server, mail server, database, Java server, as well as an idle machine.
Intel® Xeon® processor 7400 series
Virtualization performance using VMware ESX* on VMmark* benchmark
Comparison based on published results at www.vmware.com/products/vmmark/results.html as of 30 March 2010.
4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7350 based platform details
Hewlett-Packard* ProLiant* DL580G5 server system with four Intel® Xeon® processor X7350 (8MB Cache, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 64GB (16x 4GB) memory, VMware ESX* 3.5 Update 1. Referenced as published at 14.1 at 10 tiles. For more information, see: www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vmmark/vmmark_hp5.pdf.
4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7460 based platform details
IBM System x* 3850M2 server system with four Intel® Xeon® processors X7460 (16M Cache, 2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB), 128GB (32x 4GB PC2-5300 667MHz registered ECC DDR2 DIMMs, VMware ESX* 3.5.0 U3 GA. Referenced as published at 20.5 at 14 tiles. For more information, see: www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vmmark/VMmark-IBM-2009-03-24-x3850M2.pdf.
4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 based platform details
IBM System x* 3850 X5 server platform with four Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26GHz, 6.40 GT/s Intel® QuickPath Interconnect), 384GB DDR3-1066 memory, VMware* ESXi 4.0 Build 240223. Referenced as independently published score of 71.85 @ 49 tiles. For more information, also see ftp.software.ibm.com/eserver/benchmarks/IBM_x3850X5_VMmark_Independent_Publication_033010.pdf. For all VMmark* results, see www.vmware.com/products/vmmark/results.html.
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. TPC Benchmark* is a trademark of the Transaction Processing Council. See www.tpc.org for more information.
3. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
4. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel® HT Technology and an Intel® HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, see www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm.
5. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your PC manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html for more information.
6. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/uk/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
7. Intel® products are not intended for use in medical, life saving, life sustaining, critical control or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications. All dates and products specified are for planning purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
8. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.