Intel® Q57 Express Chipset
The Intel® Q57 Express Chipset continues to push innovation with a new architecture designed to deliver quality, performance, and industry-leading I/O technologies on platforms powered by the Intel® Core™ i7-800 processor series, Intel® Core™ i5 processors, and Intel® Core™ i3 processors.
The Intel Q57 Express Chipset, when combined with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family, delivers smart security, cost saving manageability, and intelligent performance for business platforms. The new technologies featured in the Intel Q57 Express Chipset include enhancements to the Intel® Active Management Technology, the new Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, and hardware based KVM Remote Control.
|Features and benefits
|Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family||PCs with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family enable IT to take advantage of hardware-assisted security and manageability capabilities that enhance their ability to maintain, manage, and protect their business PCs.|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)||Using built-in platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, Intel® AMT allows IT to better discover, heal, and protect their networked computing assets.|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology||Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) allows systems to be disabled if they are lost or stolen. The technology can be used with or without a connection to the Internet or a corporate network. Intel AT can block the OS from loading, even if the hard drive is replaced or reformatted. Intel AT can also be used to disable access to data encryption keys and block access to valuable data on the hard drive, even if the drive is moved to a different system.|
|Intel® Trusted Execution Technology
||Intel® Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel® processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides hardware-based mechanisms that help protect against software-based attacks and protects the confidentiality and integrity of data stored or created on the client PC.|
|Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)
||Intel® VT combined with software-based virtualization solutions provide maximum system utilization by consolidating multiple environments into a single PC. With Intel vPro technology built into desktop PCs, IT can remotely manage systems while providing highly secure, centralized, and virtualized IT services to end users.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)||With additional hard drives added, Intel® RST provides quicker access to digital photo, video, and data files on single-drive or multi-drive systems with RAID 0, 5, and 10, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10. Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3 Gb/s.|
|Intel® Rapid Recover Technology||Intel’s latest data protection technology provides a recovery point that can be used to quickly recover a system should a hard drive fail or if there is data corruption. The clone can also be mounted as a read-only volume to allow a user to recover individual files.|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface||An innovative path for two independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the Intel® 5 Series Chipset.|
|Support for HDMI, DisplayPort* and DVI||High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) delivers uncompressed HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. Dual-independent display expands the viewable workspace to two monitors.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Quiet System Technology||Intelligent system fan speed control algorithms use operating temperature ranges more efficiently to reduce system noise by minimizing fan speed changes.|
|Universal Serial Bus (USB)||Hi-Speed USB 2.0, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 480 megabits per second (Mbps) with up to 14 USB 2.0 Ports.|
|USB 2.0 rate matching hub||Enables lower power requirements and manages the transition of the communication data rate from the high speed of the host controller to the lower speed of USB full speed/low speed devices.|
|Serial ATA (SATA) 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supports faster transfer rate for improved data access with up to 6 SATA ports.|
|eSATA||SATA interface designed for use with external SATA devices. It provides a link for 3 Gb/s data speeds to eliminate bottlenecks found with current external storage solutions.|
|SATA port disable||Enables individual SATA ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through SATA ports. Especially targeted for eSATA ports.|
|PCI Express* 2.0 interface||Offers up to 2.5GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 8 PCI Express* 2.0 x1 ports, configurable as x2 and x4 depending on motherboard designs.|
|USB port disable||Enables individual USB ports to be enabled or disabled as needed. This feature provides added protection of data by preventing malicious removal or insertion of data through USB ports.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection|
|Green technology||Intel integrates environmental performance goals into every aspect of design and manufacturing. Intel® 45nm high-k metal gate process technology is lead-free, and since 2008, Intel has produced halogen-free products.|
|Intel® 82Q57 Express Chipset||951 Flip Chip Ball Grid Array (FCBGA)|
Additional information: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1. Intel® vPro™ technology, Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT), and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT) require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, enabling software and/or operating system, device drivers and applications designed for these features. Performance will vary depending on your configuration. Contact your vendor for more information.
2. No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. A highly versatile crypto security engine is integrated within Intel® platform controller hub MP20 which with appropriate software enhances platform security capabilities. May require additional third-party software. Certain functionality may not be offered by some ISVs or service providers. Certain functionality may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof.
3. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer have an Intel® RST-enabled Intel chipset, RAID controller in the BIOS enabled and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information.
4. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
5. Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) requires a system with an appropriate Intel® chipset and a motherboard with an appropriate codec and the necessary drivers installed. System sound quality will vary depending on actual implementation, controller, codec, drivers, and speakers. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
6. Intel® Upgrade Service requires the computer system to have upgrade-enabled BIOS and Intel® chipset, network hardware and software, as well as connection with a power source and the World Wide Web. The Intel® Upgrade Application must be deployed on the target computer running one of the supported operating systems in order to perform upgrade operations. Use of the upgrade may require configuration by the purchaser. Intel Upgrade Service is not available in all geographies or on all computer systems. For more information, see your Intel representative or www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/sftwr-prod/upgrade.