Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset for the 2013 Platform
The mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 7 Series Chipset family, providing integrated USB 3.0 on a single chip architecture and supports both the 3rd and 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor families. HM76 delivers:
- USB 3.0, the latest and fastest USB protocol, with I/O speed up to 10 times that of USB 2.0
- Performance tuning, which allows users to unlock the Intel Core processor by changing the core multiplier and thus increase frequency for the best gaming results
- Up to three independent displays for multi-tasking
- Intel® Wireless Display, which allows you to enjoy all of your personal and online content on a big screen TV with a simple wireless connection
- Capability for Blu-ray* HD video playback, with native support for Blu-ray drives
|Features and benefits|
|Intel® Core™ processor family||PCs with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family enable IT to take advantage of hardware-assisted security and manageability capabilities that enhance their ability to maintain, manage, and protect their business PCs.|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface1||An innovative path for three independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the mobile Intel® 7 Series Chipset.|
|Support for High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort*, and DVI||HDMI delivers uncompressed HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. This chipset also supports the DisplayPort* interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio2||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Wireless Display3||With a laptop featuring Intel® Wireless Display you can experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more on your TV with great image clarity and sound.|
|Universal Serial Bus 3.0||Integrated USB 3.0 support, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) with up to four USB 3.0 Ports.|
|Serial ATA (SATA)* 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rate for improved data access. Provides up to six SATA ports with up to two ports supporting 6 Gb/s transfer rates.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Network Connection|
Additional information: 1 2 3
|Intel® HM77 Express Chipset||25 x 25 x 1.788 mm in BGA package|
1. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
2. Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) requires a system with an appropriate Intel® chipset and a motherboard with an appropriate codec and the necessary drivers installed. System sound quality will vary depending on actual implementation, controller, codec, drivers, and speakers. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
3. Intel® Wireless Display requires a compatible Intel®-based laptop PC, a third-party TV adapter featuring Intel® Wireless Display, and a TV with an available HDMI or Composite AV input. Compatible laptop PCs require a select Intel® Core™ processor family CPU. For a complete list of requirements, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html. Content requiring output protection, such as Blu-ray* and DVD movie playback, is not supported. Check with your PC manufacturer for specific details.