Mobile Intel® HM77 Express Chipset
The mobile Intel® HM77 Express Chipset is part of the mobile Intel® 7 Series Chipset family, providing integrated USB 3.0 on a single chip architecture and supports both the 3rd and 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor families. HM77 delivers:
- USB 3.0, the latest and fastest USB protocol, with I/O speed up to 10 times that of USB 2.0
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology with RAID support for enhanced performance, power management, and data protection for the storage subsystems; this includes Intel® Smart Response Technology, a caching software, that enables small SSD with HDD to achieve standalone SSD-like performance while keeping the large storage provided by HDD
- Intel® Small Business Advantage that provides manageability for small business
- Performance tuning, which allows users to unlock the Intel Core processor by changing the core multiplier and thus increase frequency for best gaming results
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology for PC protection that can disable a lost or stolen PC and reactivate it without compromise to the system or data
- Intel® Wireless Display, which allows you to enjoy all of your personal and online content on a big screen TV with a simple wireless connection
- Capability for Blu-ray* HD video playback, with native support for Blu-ray drives
- Intel® Rapid Storage Technology with RAID support for enhanced performance, power management, and data protection for the storage subsystem
|Features and benefits|
|Intel® Core™ processor family||PCs with a processor from the Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor family enable IT to take advantage of hardware-assisted security and manageability capabilities that enhance their ability to maintain, manage, and protect their business PCs.|
|Intel® Rapid Storage Technology¹||With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video, and data files with RAID 0, 5, and 10, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10[d:763]. Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3 Gb/s.|
|Intel® Flexible Display Interface²||An innovative path for three independently controlled channels of integrated graphics display data to be transported to the mobile Intel® 7 Series Chipset.|
|Support for High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), DisplayPort*, and DVI||HDMI delivers uncompressed HD video and uncompressed multi-channel audio in a single cable, supporting all HD formats including 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. This chipset also supports the DisplayPort* interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.|
|Intel® High Definition Audio³||Integrated audio support enables premium digital surround sound and delivers advanced features such as multiple audio streams and jack re-tasking.|
|Intel® Wireless Display4||With a laptop featuring Intel® Wireless Display you can experience your favorite movies, videos, photos, online shows, and more on your TV with great image clarity and sound.|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology5||Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) allows systems to be disabled if they are lost or stolen. The technology can be used with or without a connection to the Internet or a corporate network. Intel® AT can block the OS from loading, even if the hard drive is replaced or reformatted. Intel® AT can also be used to disable access to data encryption keys and block access to valuable data on the hard drive, even if the drive is moved to a different system.|
|Universal Serial Bus 3.0||Integrated USB 3.0 support, provides greater enhancement in performance with a design data rate of up to 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) with up to four USB 3.0 Ports.|
|Serial ATA (SATA)* 6 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s||High-speed storage interface supporting up to 6 Gb/s transfer rate for improved data access. Provides up to six SATA ports with up to two ports supporting 6 Gb/s transfer rates.|
|Intel® integrated 10/100/1000 MAC||Support for the Intel® 82579V Gigabit Network Connection|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage||Local manageability for small business|
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5
|Intel® HM77 Express Chipset||25 x 25 x 1.788 mm in BGA package|
1. Support for RAID 5/10 on mobile available only starting Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 10.0.
2. Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) and the chipset graphic display interfaces require a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, and enabling software for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator.
3. Intel® High Definition Audio (Intel® HD Audio) requires a system with an appropriate Intel® chipset and a motherboard with an appropriate codec and the necessary drivers installed. System sound quality will vary depending on actual implementation, controller, codec, drivers, and speakers. For more information about Intel® HD Audio, refer to www.intel.com/design/chipsets/hdaudio.htm.
4. Intel® Wireless Display requires a compatible Intel®-based laptop PC, a third-party TV adapter featuring Intel® Wireless Display, and a TV with an available HDMI or Composite AV input. Compatible laptop PCs require a select Intel® Core™ processor family CPU. For a complete list of requirements, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html. Content requiring output protection, such as Blu-ray* and DVD movie playback, is not supported. Check with your PC manufacturer for specific details.
5. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology—PC Protection (Intel® AT-p). No computer system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT) requires the computer system to have an Intel® AT-enabled chipset, BIOS, firmware release, software and an Intel AT-capable service provider/ISV application and service subscription. The detection (triggers), response (actions), and recovery mechanisms only work after the Intel AT functionality has been activated and configured. Certain functionality may not be offered by some ISVs or service providers and may not be available in all countries. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting thereof.