Port of Call Peru, a Digital Experience: Case Study
Recognizing that future prosperity depends on technology, the regional government of Callao, Peru, embarks on an initiative to create a “digital city.” This effort draws its vision from the online learning program being built into the education system.
Drawing from the transformative effects of the Intel® Education Solutions total solution, the project’s leaders are creating a modernized public society that uses technology and applications to provide new services and facilities to its people. The digital city concept employs pervasive technology and wireless access to improve not only education, but also citizen access to open government, health services, and public safety.
Some of the initiative’s positive results include:
• Computers are being deployed, including nearly 6,000 laptops for teachers and a pilot of 100 Intel® classmate PCs for students.
• The EduCallao computing portal has been created as a central online hub for educational resources and activities.
• Wireless infrastructure is being built to interconnect schools and other municipal facilities.
• School administration is being modernized through the use of information and communications technology.
• Teacher professional development is under way, helping nearly 30,000 Peruvian educators get the most out of technology.
Read the full Port of Call Peru, a Digital Experience: Case Study.