Essential components of education transformation
It takes effective leadership to achieve major changes. Leaders establish a long-term vision, communicate it clearly, and promote organisational and educational transformation. They inspire teachers, parents, community members, funding bodies, and others to believe in the vision and work toward achieving it. Effective leaders also align education transformation goals with larger national objectives through a master plan for national, state, or system-wide implementation.
The following steps can help you improve organisational effectiveness and develop leadership skills at many levels throughout your organisation:
- Define your vision. Look ahead, with a focus on key priorities and outcomes. Intel® Education shares practical materials and resources to help government and education leaders refine their vision of success, develop practical strategies for achieving it, and plan a realistic budget.
- Develop a master plan. Outline a roadmap with milestones and oversight to ensure that execution happens according to plan. The Intel Blueprint for eLearning offers guidance for building ambitious and effective education technology initiatives based on real-world successes.
- Inspire enthusiastic support. Gather other leaders to discuss ideas and strategies. Motivate and engage teachers with professional development opportunities. Encourage the community to get involved. As more people get behind your plan, the classroom will come to life, students will be more engaged, and achievement will rise.
- Create organisational policies. Transformative policy is systemic. Know why a good policy is one that you can act on, scale with changing needs, sustain over time, and back up financially. Information communications technology empowers these kinds of policies across curriculum and assessment, teacher professional development, research, and evaluation.
- Develop a budget. We have experts to help you understand how technology choices can reduce costs. We'll share practices that have worked around the world in terms of financial planning and identifying sources of funding.
- Incorporate measures to evaluate and improve. How will student learning be measured? What will assessments look like? New technologies allow you to continually gather data, so you can adapt and improve your teaching and learning approaches.