By signing in, you agree to our Terms of Service.
Forgot your Intel
Do you work for Intel? Sign in here.
1:1 access to learning technologies is a growing phenomenon and regardless of whether this is through institutional supply of equipment, the adoption of learners' own devices or a combination, this growth is having a significant impact on the way we think about classroom practice and learning beyond school or college.
In a recent pilot study carried out for Intel in a range of schools across the UK, school leaders identified ‘support for all staff through professional development to enable a cultural shift’ as the first priority in preparing to adopt 1:1 access. Many also identified the need for such professional development provision to be flexible and adaptable as a very important factor in engaging staff.
Intel in partnership with Naace has developed a new flexible CPD programme, designed to help practitioners learn about strategies and pedagogies for engaging learners with 1:1. The resources within the programme look closely at a range of issues, including:
● A greater use of Web 2.0 technologies.
● Developing digital resources as teacher and learner.
● Personalisation of teaching and learning.
● Classroom practice that harnesses 1:1 learner access to devices.
● Cultural shifts in learning relationships and partnerships with learners that strengthen trust and teacher professionalism (e.g. Student Digital Leaders).
● Harnessing market forces to drive educational technology development.
● Learner responsibility and behaviour management.
● Home-school partnership and home access to technology.
The materials have been designed to be flexible, supporting a broad range of staff roles and enabling use as a whole school resource. Following an initial introductory training session, curriculum leaders will be able to adapt, localise and roll out the programme to suit their needs.
Following pilot use of sample materials and initial training sessions in selected schools, this new programme is due to be launched at the Naace conference. However, BETT show visitors will be able to get a sneak preview on both the Intel and Naace stands.
● Register your interest at the Naace stand – B170
● Enter the draw to win a free face to face training for your school or college, worth up to £600 at the Intel stand – B70
Look forward to seeing you there !
Naace website: www.naace.co.uk/cpd/intel1to1
Our UK education technology evangelist will be at BETT to advice on what the future looks like for the classroom and answer questions. If you would like to reserve some time with him, please complete the box below.
Feed your need to know. Complete this form to opt in for exclusive updates from Intel: newsletters, emails and offers.
Intel representatives are standing by to help answer your education technology questions or to help you build your solution. We’re also happy to set up your meeting at BETT with Intel. If you’re online and need immediate assistance, we’re ready to help.
Chat with us about your solution needs >
Stay in touch with Intel at BETT.
Bookmark this on your smartphone: http://edevent.intel.com and see our daily updates.