Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop* Software
Part of the Intel® Datacenter Software family
Intel® Datacenter Software | Intel Distribution for Apache Hadoop Overview
Solutions | Where to Buy | Training | Support
Open Platform for Big Data Analytics
As an open source software platform designed for parallel distributed storage and processing of large amounts of diverse data, Apache Hadoop enables a broad range of applications, including transforming and loading unstructured data into enterprise data warehouses, serving personalized ads, detecting credit card fraud, mining genome sequences, monitoring energy grids, and modeling traffic patterns in smart cities. Businesses, government agencies, and other organizations need an open platform that can keep pace with the growth in data and take advantage of innovations in processor, memory, storage, networking, and fabric.
Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop*, part of the Intel® Data Platform, is an open source software platform for big data analytics built from the hardware up to deliver industry-leading performance, multi-layered security, and enterprise-grade manageability.
- Built from the silicon up for better performance
- Up to 30x faster on the latest Intel© Xeon® processors with Intel© SSD and Intel© 10GbE networking than on other hardware1. Learn more >
- Up to 2.4x faster MapReduce* applications with Native Task framework than other open source distributions1. Learn more >
- Multi-layered Security with no compromise on performance
- Up to 20x faster encryption and decryption using Intel® AES-NI1. Learn more >
- Transparent encryption in Hive, Pig, MapReduce, and HDFS
- Granular access control and transparent encryption in HBase
- Data governance with consistent auditing
- Simplify operations with Intel® Manager for Apache Hadoop*
- Rapid deployment of clusters and nodes with comprehensive monitoring. Learn more >
- Automatic tuning of application-specific configurations with Intel® Active Tuner.
- Enterprise-grade Hadoop cluster management console and RESTful APIs
Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop* Software: Intel Distribution is an open source software product that includes Apache Hadoop* and other software components, along with enhancements from Intel. Proven in production at some of the most demanding enterprises in the world, it is supported by Intel experts with deep experience in Apache Hadoop optimization, as well as knowledge of the underlying processor, storage, and networking hardware architecture. Learn more >
Intel® HPC Distribution for Apache Hadoop* with Intel® Enterprise Edition for Lustre* Software: This is the only distribution of Apache Hadoop that is integrated with Lustre, the parallel file system used by many of the world’s fastest supercomputers. The Intel HPC Distribution for Apache Hadoop software provides a scalable platform for data-intensive applications in enterprises as well as HPC environments—bringing the performance of HPC storage to enterprises and the simplicity of Hadoop to HPC environments.
Learn more >
Commitment to Open Source
Intel has a long history of working within various open source communities including Linux, Java, KVM, Xen, OpenStack, and Lustre. Intel contributes and maintains code that enables open source software to derive maximum benefit from the latest innovations in hardware. Intel is committed to contributing all enhancements to the Apache Hadoop platform into open source—differentiating its distribution by delivering industry-leading performance, security, and manageability, along with worldwide technical support.
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark and MobileMark, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more information, go to www.intel.com/performance.