This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family for UEFI (R01.01.0003).
- OS Independent
- Size: 28.6 MB
- SHA1: 343314BB5DAD233E0242DAC6A8ED9C23B6A266C9
This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family and appropriate Intel® Server System D50TNP Family —for use with Intel's technology-embedded Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) shell.
uEFI System Update Package (SUP) Installation and Operation Instructions
Intel highly recommends reading the Readme and Update Instructions.txt in its entirety before performing the system update. Verifying that your system meets the documented requirements will ensure a successful update and provide the most reliable system functionality after the update has completed.
Released May 24, 2021
This update package includes the following production-level system software updates and update utilities:
System BIOS: R01.01.0003
ME Firmware: 04.04.03.53
BMC Firmware: 2.81.99b20e11
sysfwupdt.efi: Version 14.2 Build 11
Intel® Server Board D50TNP Family
Contact Intel for pre-production hardware support requirements
- This is production FW package. All updates provided in this package are installed using the embedded uEFI operating environment only.
- Do not modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
- Added the new function to check the FW version on current system, which can make sure whether System BIOS, BMC Firmware, CPLD, FRU&SDR, or PMem data need to be re-installed after the initial update has been performed. The package does include standalone script files that can be run individually.
These files include:
Do NOT use these files until after the system has been updated initially using the startup.nsh file.
System software requirements
To update the system software stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
System BIOS: R01.01.0001 or later
BMC Firmware: 2.78 or later
FRUSDR: 0.34 or later
CPLDL: 3p2 or later
For pre-production hardware and software support requirements, contact Intel for details.
Important information for the update procedure
As part of the firmware update process, the system will be rebooted 2 times. On the first reboot, the screen will be off for around 18 minutes. On the second reboot, the screen will be off for around 4 minutes.
During all the firmware update process including the two reboots:
Do not REMOVE Power Cable!
Do not PRESS Power Button!
Do not REMOVE the USB flash!
OR ELSE, you may render your system inoperable!
More information can be found on the Readme and Update Instructions.
General installation procedure
- Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive).
- Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated.
- Power on the server and load the uEFI shell.
- Access the USB flash drive inserted and begin the update process running the Startup.nsh.
- After the BIOS update process has successfully completed, system will reboot automatically and will take around 18 minutes with the screen off. After that time, the server will turn on again.
- After first reboot and post screen, the server will reboot a second time and will take around 3 more minutes with the screen off to conclude the update process and power on the server back.
01. After the final update has completed successfully, reboot the system.
02. During POST, hit the Key when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility.
03. From the BIOS Setup Utility main menu, hit the key to load BIOS defaults.
04. Hit the key to Save Changes and Exit the BIOS defaults.
04. At the main menu, verify the BIOS revision is correct.
05. Move cursor to the SERVER MANAGEMENT menu and hit Enter.
06. Move cursor to the SYSTEM INFORMATION Option and hit Enter.
07. Verify the BMC Firmware revision is correct.
08. Verify the SDR revision is correct.
09. Verify the ME Firmware revision is correct.
10. Configure desired BIOS Option settings.
11. Hit the F10 Key to Save Changes and Exit.
CPLD Firmware version can be verified on BIOS main menu, Main->PFR
The System Software Update is Complete.
Do NOT interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Do NOT attempt to downgrade the system software once loaded on to the system.
Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Refer to the respective Release Notes files for complete list of known issues, workarounds and detailed requirements:
BIOS: Release Notes BIOS ####.txt
BMC: Release Notes BMC ####.txt
FRUSDR: Release Notes FRUSDR ####.txt
CPLD: Release Notes CPLD ####.txt
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCPAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRLC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP1MHCRAC Compute Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSVAC Management Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MHSTAC Storage Module
- Intel® Server System D50TNP2MFALAC Acceleration Module
- Intel® Server Board D50TNP1SB
- Intel® Server Board DDR4 D50TNP1SBCR