What’s New: Today, Intel announced the latest Intel vPro platform, powered by 12th Gen Intel® Core™ – which delivers the world’s best processors for business productivity1. Built for business, the Intel vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors provides leading productivity and the highest performance and most comprehensive platform security for all businesses2.
“The next gen of the Intel vPro platform was designed to deliver even greater security, performance and manageability for all businesses. And, with the introduction of 12th Gen Intel Core processors, we are reimagining the way people work with our performance hybrid architecture for business, productivity and multitasking.”
How It Works: With over 15 years of innovation, Intel vPro delivers a complete platform portfolio to meet the technology demands and computing options to empower businesses of all sizes.
- Intel vPro® Enterprise for Windows is the full-featured commercial platform focused on large enterprises and managed businesses. It features a comprehensive set of technologies to help businesses stay ahead of security threats.
- Intel vPro® Essentials extends security and device management capabilities previously targeting large enterprise to the small and medium-size business segment. Intel vPro Essentials also incorporates Intel® Hardware Shield to help protect platforms based on the Windows operating system.
- Intel vPro® Enterprise for Chrome OS creates a new class of Chromebooks for business environments with the performance, stability and security technologies that businesses require. This new platform further enables decision-makers to match the right device to the right user.
- Intel vPro®, An Evo™ Design devices meet both the Intel vPro and Intel Evo design criteria – notebooks that bring compelling user experiences to mobile business environments.
Why It Matters: Intel vPro takes a revolutionary leap forward in real-world business performance with 12th Gen Intel Core processors. Based on the Intel 7 process, the new Intel vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors offer:
- Intelligent design pairs Efficient-cores (E-cores) and Performance-cores (P-cores), allowing users to freely multitask and collaborate while trusting their PC to handle both user and IT applications.
- 12th Gen Intel mobile processors deliver the best performance for business productivity3 with up to 27% faster mainstream application performance compared with the previous generation4, and offer up to 41% faster mainstream application performance compared with the competition, based on CrossMark scores4.
- 12th Gen Intel desktop processors deliver the best performance for business productivity5 with up to 21% faster mainstream application performance compared with the previous generation4, and offer up to 44% faster mainstream application performance compared with the competition, based on CrossMark scores4.
- The 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900 desktop processor provides up to 23% faster application performance than the competition when using Microsoft Excel during a Zoom video conference call6, and up to 46% faster with Power BI while on a Zoom call7.
- Unparalleled connectivity experience with Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) and Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite8 is like having a built-in IT expert who is constantly ensuring a seamless wireless experience for the user.
- 12th Gen Intel Core processors are enhanced with support for DDR5 memory on desktop processors, and both DDR5 and LPDDR5 on mobile processors. Intel vPro Enterprise entry workstations also support ECC memory with the corresponding Intel chipset.
- Thunderbolt™ 4 provides a powerful single-cable docking solution to extend a mobile workspace with multiple 4K monitors, accessories for boosted productivity and ergonomic comfort while charging the laptop at the same time.
About Security: The new vPro platform with 12th Gen Intel Core processors offer the most comprehensive security for businesses with9:
- Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT) is the only hardware-based ransomware detection to improve the efficacy and speed at which the latest attacks are detected10.
- New, cutting-edge detector is able to detect living off the land and supply chain-style attacks, called anomalous behavior detection. This detector uses artificial intelligence to profile “good app behavior” and signals when anomalies occur to the endpoint security software – all in real-time.
- New silicon-based capabilities support the next wave of expected operating system virtualization as well as enhancements to Intel chipsets with new fault injection detection to help prevent malicious code invasions.
About the Most Complete Business PC Platform: Intel vPro delivers professional-grade performance with a comprehensive set of capabilities to help protect and manage devices. Now with 12th Gen Intel Core processors, Intel vPro delivers a complete platform portfolio with computing solutions for nearly every type of worker at any business of any size. With increased remote collaboration, multitasking, plus user and IT apps competing for computing resources, Intel vPro is vital for enabling worker productivity and maintaining business continuity.
More than 150 designs across all form factors from top manufacturers will be available this year, combining the security and manageability of the vPro platform and the amazing user experiences of Intel Evo design for mobile.
For Internet of Things (IoT) developers, 12th Gen Intel Core processors based on the Intel vPro platform provide business-class performance, remote management and more. They are ideal for applications in retail, healthcare, manufacturing, banking, hospitality, education and more.
Cisco’s Point of View: “New exclusive high-speed channels will enable Wi-Fi 6E to transform Wi-Fi network capabilities with gigabit speed connectivity, greater capacity for more devices, and improved reliability for mission-critical applications,” said Matt MacPherson, Cisco Enterprise Wireless CTO. “We look forward to continued collaboration with Intel and the delivery of great end-to-end experiences through the combination of new Cisco Catalyst and Meraki Wi-Fi 6E access points and new 12th Generation Intel vPro platforms with integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).”
More Context: Intel vPro with 12th Gen Intel Core Processors (Platform Brief) | Expanding the Intel 600 Series Chipset for Intel vPro with 12th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors | Intel vPro Platform with 12th Gen Intel Core Processors Media and Analyst Presentation (PDF)