Designed to meet today’s increasingly I/O-intensive requirements across a wide range of workloads while improving IT efficiency.
Architected with 96-layer TLC, Intel® 3D NAND Technology, Intel® SSD D7-P5500 and Intel® SSD D7-P5600 Series offer optimized performance and capacity for all-TLC arrays and are designed to advance IT efficiency and data security. The Intel® SSD D7-P5500 and Intel® SSD D7-P5600 Series include an all new Intel PCIe* Gen4 controller and firmware that bring low latency, enhanced management capabilities, scalability and critical new NVMe* features for Enterprise and Cloud environments.
Available in the U.2 15mm form factor, these SSDs offer 1.92 TB, 3.84 TB, and 7.68 TB at 1 Drive Write per Day (DWPD) and 1.6 TB, 3.2 TB, and 6.4 TB at 3 DWPD.
Unlock the Value of Stored Data
The Intel® SSD D7-P5500 and Intel® SSD D7-P5600 Series deliver predictably fast, high performance and can greatly accelerate all-TLC storage arrays. Compared to previous-gen Intel® SSDs, the capacity-optimized D7-P5500 delivers up to 2x sequential performance1 and the performance-optimized D7-P5600 brings up to 44% higher random mixed-workload performance.2 Both drives also offer improvements to tail latencies, including up to 80% lower 4KB Random Read Quality of Service (QoS) for 99.99999% (7 9s) of transactions.3
Firmware enhancements such as prioritizing host workloads and enabling updates without reset further elevate application performance.
Advanced Features for Drive Performance, IT Efficiency, and Data Security
The Intel® SSD D7-P5500 and Intel® SSD D7-P5600 Series include numerous firmware enhancements specifically designed to improve IT efficiency and data security in an increasingly data-centric world.
- Dynamic namespace management delivers the flexibility to enable more users and scale deployment.
- Additional security features like TCG Opal 2.0 and a built-in AES-XTS 256-bit encryption engine, which are required by some secure platforms.
- Enhanced SMART monitoring, which reports drive health status without disrupting I/O data flow using an in-band mechanism and out-of-band access.
- Telemetry 2.0 makes a wide range of stored data accessible and includes intelligent error tracking and logging. This increases the reliability of finding and mitigating issues and supports accelerated qualification cycles — all of which can result in increased IT efficiency.
- Optimized TRIM architecture now runs as a background process without interference to workloads, improving performance and QoS during concurrent TRIMs. The TRIM process is improved for high-density drives, with reduced write amplification that helps drives meet their endurance goal.
- A Power-Loss imminent (PLI) protection scheme with built-in self-testing, guards against data loss if system power is suddenly lost. Coupled with end-to-end data path protection scheme, PLI features also enable ease of deployment into resilient data centers where data corruption from system-level glitches is not tolerated.
Extending NAND Technology Leadership
Intel’s 96-layer 3D NAND technology delivers industry-leading areal density and data retention,4 enabling enterprise customers to confidently scale storage arrays to meet their growing needs. The swift adoption of software-defined and hyperconverged infrastructures increases the requirement to maximize efficiency, revitalize existing hardware, and increase server agility—all while maintaining operational reliability.
Meeting the demand of increasingly I/O-intensive workloads, including AI and Analytics, has become a core element for any enterprise strategy. Top enterprise server manufacturers have responded by embracing PCIe/NVMe*-based SSDs with scalable performance, low latency, and continuous innovation.