High availability and performance are crucial for enterprise storage architectures providing Mission Critical applications, such as online transaction processing for financial services. The Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X with its unique combination of dual port PCIe* NVMe*, consistent low latency, and high random read/write performance, delivers the performance, and capabilities required for enterprise-class storage arrays.
The SSD DC D4800X provides dual port redundancy so that in the event of a single failure or controller upgrade, data can still be accessed through the second controller and NVMe* port. This ensures data continuity in the event of a failure, enabling data access without interruption, keeping high availability storage systems running and serviceable.
Intel® Optane™ SSDs Break Through NAND Bottlenecks
Intel® Optane™ technology provides industry-leading capabilities of breakthrough performance, predictably fast service, responsiveness under load and high endurance. The first Intel® Optane™ technology-based dual port drive can break the NAND bottleneck to help deliver higher service levels to Mission Critical applications and reduce transaction costs for latency sensitive work loads. Combining breakthrough performance with data path redundancy enables enterprise storage array providers to design solutions capable of:
• Extremely consistent and fast response times even in the presence of increasing write pressure
• High-performance at low queue depths commonly found in enterprise work loads
• Predictably fast service—faster than NAND SSDs
• Supporting write-intensive work loads common in areas such as OLTP and high performance computing (HPC) with high endurance
The dual port Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X provides enterprise storage features, including hot pluggable removal and insertion, allowing in-service replacement options. Other key features include:
- VSS (Variable Sector Size): 512, 520, 4096, 4104 Bytes
- Up to 16 Multiple Dynamic Name Spaces
- 128 Queue Pair/ Port
- SGL (Scatter Gather Lists)
- Control Memory Buffer (CMB)