The Intel® Integrated RAID Module RMS3VC160 is uniquely designed to offer additional advanced SAS/SATA and configuration flexibility to the existing Intel® RAID Module RMS3 family line. The RMS3VC160 is 2U capable with a mezzanine board form factor that affords 16 port capabilities for connecting multiple SAS/SATA targets directly without taking up a standard add-in card PCIe* slot. Powered by LSI* technology and designed to improve expansion of server storage, the RMS3VC160 enables exceptional SAS performance and scalability.
- Broadcom* SAS3216 IOC provides SAS 3.0 compliance, including 12Gb/s data transfer
- Four mini-SAS HD SFF8643 SAS/SATA connectors for up to 16 internal targets
- x8 PCI Express* Generation 3 interface
- IOC/JBOD mode: The RMS3VC160 uses the Broadcom* SAS3216 IOC designed to provide economical connectivity options. This module provides the highest possible 12Gb/s IOPs and throughput and the lowest possible latency to the attached targets, which enables maximum storage performance to the operating system and applications for the lowest cost.
- High Drive Count Solutions: Supports up to 16 drives connected directly and can also connect to and support SAS expanders for additional target scale out. This allows maximum flexibility to balance performance versus connectivity for the lowest possible cost.
|Exceptional performance and scalability||Supplies PCIe Generation 3 architecture with over 1M IOPS for maximum performance to 16 targets directly attached|
|Advanced management||Advanced tools and features make storage configuration as well as scalability and serviceability simple|