|Note||We recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging.|
Troubleshooting: If you are experiencing issues installing your graphics driver after attempting the below steps, try our Troubleshooting Wizard for Intel® Graphics Drivers for step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot these issues.
Click or the topic for details:
Why would I want to upgrade my graphics driver?
- To resolve graphics-related problems. Examples: visual corruption when playing a new game, Windows gives a graphics driver error.
- Your computer manufacturer recommends a graphics update.
- As advised by an Intel Customer Support agent.
Method 1: Use Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to automatically detect and install your driver. (Recommended)
Method 2: Manual installation
To manually install your Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10:
- Identify the Intel® Graphics Controller that is available on your computer.
- Go to the Download Center or your computer manufacturer driver site to download the latest graphics driver.
- Filter the results by your Intel® Graphics Controller (identified in step 1) and Windows* 10.
- Download the graphics driver for your Intel® Graphics and Windows* 10.
- If the file driver was contained in a zip file, unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click the Windows Start icon and select the Device Manager.
- Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® Graphics entry and select Update driver.
If an Intel® Graphics Driver wasn't installed, the graphics entry may be Microsoft Basic Display Adapter*.
Some Intel Graphics products are not compatible with Windows 10. For more information, refer to Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.
- Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
- Restart your computer.
If any issues occur while following these instructions, contact Intel® Support by clicking the link in the blue banner at the bottom of this page.
How to verify your installation after completing one of the methods above
To verify your driver installation was successful:
- Double-click the installed Display Adapter.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Verify the Driver Version and Driver Date are correct.
|Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility Error with Intel Graphics|
|How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows 8.1*|
|Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Graphics Drivers|
|Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected|