Intel® Optane™ memory is a system acceleration solution based on Intel® Optane™ memory media and the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver. Intel® Optane™ memory can store commonly used data and programs closer to the processor. The system can access information more quickly with improved overall system responsiveness.
A high-capacity storage device coupled with Intel® Optane™ memory offers the best of both worlds: high-speed acceleration and large storage capacity.
Click or the topic for details:
What is system acceleration?
- System acceleration refers to the effect that Intel® Optane™ memory has on a computer. It enables faster task completion and reduces the wait time compared to a computer without Intel® Optane™ memory .
- Responsiveness refers to how quickly the PC completes end user requests compared to the same PC without Intel® Optane™ memory, such as:
- Start or boot
- Search and find files
- Save and move large files
- Launch applications
- Game level loading
What are the available capacities of Intel® Optane™ memory?
What are the base requirements to run Intel® Optane™ memory?
- Specific Processor and Chipset support
- Intel® Optane™ Memory ready UEFI BIOS
- Boot mode set to UEFI (CSM Disabled). Legacy BIOS mode isn't supported3.
- Intel® BIOS SATA controller mode set to "Intel® RST Premium with Intel Optane Memory."
- Remapping enabled on the PCIe* slot connecting the Intel® Optane™ memory module. (See the motherboard vendors user manual for more information.)
- Windows® 10 x64
Note The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application is only available through the Microsoft Windows Store* with Windows® 10 version 1803 or later installed. (See more details.)
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology 15.5 or newer driver.
- Some features/capabilities and product generations are only supported on later drivers, so it's recommended to always use the latest supported Intel® RST driver/SW available for your platform.
- The Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management application requires the Intel® RST driver 16.8.x and later to be installed on the system.
- Drive to be accelerated1:
- The Intel® SSD 660p Series1 drive or SATA-based drive as a boot or secondary/data drive2.
- GPT Partition table is a required format for the drive being accelerated. (Drives setup with MBR partition tables aren't supported for acceleration.)
- 5MB available at the end of disk.
1 Intel® SSD 660p Series drive supported with Intel® RST driver/SW 188.8.131.524 and later
2 Data/secondary drive acceleration is supported on select Processor/Chipsets and Intel® RST drivers, see complete information.
3 If the operating system was installed with the Boot mode set to Legacy the partition style will be MBR, which is not supported. Only GPT format is supported. It is recommended to backup all data, change the Boot mode to UEFI and reinstall the OS before proceeding
Where can I buy Intel® Optane™ memory ready motherboards?
Contact the motherboard vendors listed for Intel Optane memory ready motherboards.
How do I install Intel® Optane™ Memory?
Information on warranties is available.
|Error Codes and Messages While Using Intel® Optane™ Memory System Acceleration|
|Ask the Intel® Optane™ Memory forum|
|Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory|