Troubleshooting steps to fix blue screen errors with systems using Intel® processors on Windows*
BSOD errors encountered when the system booting up or during normal computer operation.
- Check the BSOD error message on Microsoft's web site.
- Refer to: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
- A global search for the BSOD code on Google or similar engines might also produce a solution.
- Verify that all key hardware components are fully compatible:
- The motherboard and its BIOS are compatible with the Intel® Processor.
- The memory specifications comply with the processor's requirements.
- Undo any recent hardware or software changes, including but not limited to:
- Recent change in a BIOS (Basic Input Output System) setting.
- Any OS patch installed or setting changed.
- Any recent hardware replacement or upgrade.
- Consult with your motherboard manufacturer to verify if a BIOS update is recommended.
- Verify if it is possible to do a Windows* Restore from a system restore point.
- If the BSOD happens before Windows boots up, try:
- Reformatting / re-installing Windows.
- Testing by booting the system using only essential components (motherboard, processor, one stick of memory, video card, one storage drive , and power supply).
- If possible, test with another processor or try replacing the motherboard.