Getting an error while installing the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Application.
How to uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Application.
How to fix it:
These are the steps to completely uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility:
Try these two steps first.
- Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
- Use the Windows* 10 Apps and Features.
- Search for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
- Click uninstall.
- Open the Task Manager..
- Check under Processes for XtuService.
- If found, click End Task.
If the issue persists, follow the steps below to completely remove the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
- Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe.
- Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
- Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.)
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
- Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel and C:\ProgramData\Intel.
- Delete the folder named Intel Telemetry under C:\ProgramData:.
- You may want to reboot your system (optional).
Download and install the Intel® XTU application.
Cause & More Information:
The information in this article has been used by our customers but not tested, full replicated, or validated by Intel. Individual results may vary. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the terms and conditions of use of the site.