In this article, you'll learn more about why the following error appears and how to resolve the issue.
After a Windows® 10 update, the following error message appears randomly during use of the system.
During a major OS update, all devices are reinstalled with the best matching drivers. With 220.127.116.117 RST driver, the way the Intel® Optane™ memory pinning components are installed was modified. If at some point the driver was upgraded from a version earlier than 18.104.22.1687 to a newer one, OS update may try to reapply the removed installation files from the earlier versions. Due to a compatibility issue, an error message may occur.
How to fix
This issue can be resolved by doing the following:
First, refresh the current driver package installed by repairing the Intel® Optane™ memory pinning extensions:
- Open Programs and Features (Press Windows key + r).
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click OK.
- Locate and highlight Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions.
Second, remove the old pinning package so that the error does not reappear after the next OS update:
- Open Device Manager (Press Windows key + x).
- Expand the Software components field.
- Right-click the Intel® Pinning Shell Extensions field and select Uninstall Device.
- Check the box that states Delete the driver software for this device. and click Uninstall.
If you continue to see issues, contact Intel Customer Support for assistance.
|What is Pinning with Intel® Optane™ Memory?|