Silent installation overview
IT administrators can use a silent installation method to prevent user intervention when installing system drivers and software for the corresponding Intel® Wireless Adapters. Use the following instructions to implement silent installation for the Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers Only package using installation package driver version 21.50.x or later
This information is intended for IT administrators, resellers, and integrators who have an advanced level of information technology knowledge. This information is not intended for use by end users.
Download the Windows* 10 Drivers Only package from Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Wi-Fi Drivers. These packages have the following filename format:
Ver: version of the package
Bitness: Whether the Operating System is 32bit or 64bit.
OS: Operating System version
Example: the version 21.60.2 driver only package for Windows® 10 64bit has the following filename:
Intel recommends you always use the latest drivers available.
Installation steps & details
- Download the file described above.
- From the command line run as administrator, browse to the subdirectory where the file is located.
- Type the EXE file name followed by - help (i.e. WiFi_21.60.2_Driver64_Win10.exe - help). This will open the list of options for silent install using the EXE file as shown in the picture below.
- The available options are:
- [-q|-quiet|-s|-silent] - Silent installation with no user interface
- [-l|-log <LogFileName>] - Log to a specific file
- [-repair] - Repair (Or install if not installed)
- Click Finish after making your selections.
Command line example:
"WiFi_21.60.2_Driver64_Win10.exe -q -s"