|Note||While Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) can detect and offer upgrades for many of the drivers and software that are available on Download Center, you may have an Intel product that isn’t supported by this tool. Before you use Intel® DSA, refer to this page to ensure that your product is compatible with Intel® DSA.|
What is the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)?
The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA):
- Easily identifies drivers installed by Intel and third-parties
- Scans for Intel driver and software updates as well as system and device information
- Provides integrated support and links to other support information
Things to know
- There's no fee associated with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. The Intel® DSA is available for your convenience at no cost.
- You can download the application from the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant page.
- The Intel® DSA accesses localhost on ports 28385-28389. It also connects to www.intel.com, downloadcenter.intel.com, and downloadmirror.intel.com, all on port 443 (HTTPS).
- The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant offers a subset of the drivers and software available on Download Center. View a list of which drivers and software are excluded.
- The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7*, Windows 8* and Windows 8.1*, and Windows® 10. If your OS isn't supported, visit the Download Center to look for available drivers.
Note Intel® Driver & Support Assistant should work on Windows Vista*, but we don't do any validation on that OS.