How to load driver for your Intel® RAID controller during Windows* operating system (OS) installation
Created the RAID volume (virtual drive) in the pre-boot configuration utility, but still unable to see the RAID volume during Windows OS installation.
Follow the steps below to load the driver for Intel RAID controller during Windows OS install (Intel® VROC used as an example):
- Download Windows driver for your Intel RAID Controller and save it to a USB drive.
- Click Load driver at the Where do you want to install Windows? screen.
- Click Browse and navigate to the location of the RAID driver downloaded in Step 1 then click OK.
Note The Intel VROC driver package contains multiple folders. Use iaVROC.free.OS_ver for VROC NVMe and iaStorE.free.OS_ver for VROC SATA (formerly known as Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise)
- Click your Intel RAID controller the click Next to install the driver.
- You should now see the RAID volume detected by the Windows installer.